Forum and Chat Help
These guidelines are aimed to provide a safe, inclusive and enjoyable environment, and to be in keeping with current legislation.
Any postings infringing these guidelines, or otherwise disrupting the forum, are liable to moderation, locking or deletion at the administrators discretion, without notice.
- No bad language, actual or implied with punctuation.
- No remarks that could be seen by anyone as insulting,
either, because of their race, religion, disability, gender, age or sexual
- Please use uppercase sparingly. It is considered
to be the equivalent of SHOUTING and detracts from the readability of your
It also makes you look like a Tabloid Journalist !
- I lf something offends you - do not reply -
contact Email webmaster
Do not add to disruptive threads, it only encourages 'trolls'.
See Excellent article on dealing with Internet Trolls here
The administrators decision is final.
Rule of Thumb!
If you would not like something to be said about you, or someone you love,
it probably shouldn't be said!
Chat and Forum Hints
- Please use a valid email address for forum and chat facilities at all times (your address will never be revealed without your consent - AOL users please remember to add the '@aol.com' to your user name)
- If you use a Spam Filter, please remember to allow mail from @overthegardengate.net
We will not send you unwanted emails - but may need to get in touch
- Although it may sometimes be necessary for people to logout of the chat room almost immediately as something has cropped up, it would help a lot if after announcing their departure 'chatters' would wait a few moments perhaps 20 to 30, seconds or so to allow anyone else in the room to say goodbye
The Forum,Chat Room and Seed Swap will accept hyperlinks provided the web address posted contains the 'http://' portion of the URL.
To ensure the hyperlink is activated, it is best to post it on a separate
line from other text, or ensure there is a blank space at the begining and
end of the URL.
URL's are best copied from your browser address bar by selecting the text (by double clicking), then right clicking the selected area and then select copy from the menu.
Chat Room Hints
- What does Mail me this page in the chat room mean?
If you want to remember a 'chat', click this hyperlink, and the page will be emailed to you for future reference (you may be asked for your email address).
This will alter the rate at which your chat window refreshes, to suit your connection and reading speed. The new speed will be activated after you next post to the chat room.
- Type an empty message to refresh the chat window immediately.
- If you don't 'speak' for a long period (8 minutes), you will be automatically logged out of the chat room
When typing in special characters, known as smiley's, in the chat room and forum, these will be replaced by real images as shown in the list below.
|Type Symbols to Display Picture
|;)|| || |
Thought of any more ?
Send suggestion to Webmaster
(Include Small GIF if possible)